Eagle Hill School is firmly committed to providing equal employment and advancement opportunities for all present employees as well as for applicants in all phases of the employment process (recruitment, hiring, assignment, conditions of employment, compensation, benefits, training, promotion, transfer, discipline and termination). The School will act without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, past/present history of mental disorder, intellectual disability, physical or learning disability, including blindness or status as a veteran, pregnancy or pregnancy-related conditions, genetic information or any other characteristics protected by applicable law, in all aspects of the employment process and relationship.
Accepting applications for qualified special education or literacy teachers for the 2023-2024 school year.
- It is expected that all teachers will have at least a Bachelor’s Degree and will complete a Master’s Degree in an appropriate instructional area (i.e. special education, literacy) and will apply for a Connecticut State certification in their instructional assignment area.
- Click here for a full job description.
- Applicants should upload their resume and letter of intent below.
The teacher plays an integral role in the instructional program by working with students, providing high-quality instruction that meets the needs of each child in his/her class. Close collaboration with colleagues ensures that the ‘team’ approach vital to each child’s success at Eagle Hill is supported. The school mission, philosophy, and culture are grounded in a belief in the worth of every individual and the importance of treating all with respect and support, and the teacher is expected to embrace this collaborative viewpoint through his/her daily interaction with all members of the Eagle Hill community.
Full-time teaching at Eagle Hill School:
School day is from 8 a.m.-4 p.m.
- After 2 p.m., when the academic day ends, full-time teachers are involved in coaching, teaching an afternoon activity (i.e. cooking, drama, photography), or proctoring study halls
- All full-time faculty members have a two-week winter and two-week spring break (usually, the last two weeks of March)
- Each new full-time teacher is assigned a veteran Master Teacher as a mentor.
In addition to a competitive salary, Eagle Hill School provides Faculty and Administrators with a wide variety of benefits, some of which are listed below. For a full list of faculty benefits or for more information, contact our Business Office (HR@eaglehill.org).
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Defined contribution retirement plan
- Graduate school reimbursement
- Childcare tuition reimbursement
- Housing (when available)
- Weekly in-service programs for faculty development