FOR STUDENTS AGES 5-14. JULY 6 - JULY 31.
"My experience with Eagle Hill during the summer of 2019 was amazing. My daughter truly enjoyed her time and I could tell how much she had learned. The teachers worked with her to grow and to enjoy learning. Her reading instruction was amazing. The teachers really connected with my daughter. She loved going to school everyday - even though it was summer." - Summer 2019 Parent
You've heard of "summer slide" - but your child won't experience it here.
Eagle Hill's Summer Academic Program is an extension of the philosophy and strategies for leaning that we use throughout the regular school year. We create a multi-sensory, hands-on summer learning experience that sets students up for success in the fall.
The Summer Academic Program immerses each child in a language-focused environment tailored to meet his or her learning needs.
Eagle Hill's Summer Academic Program is open to any student ages 5-14 who either has a language-based learning disability or simply needs additional learning support.
The 2020 program runs Monday through Friday from July 6-31.
The day is divided into two segments:
- Academic Program (divided into two age groups): 8 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Afternoon Activities Program (open to those enrolled in the Academic Program): 1 p.m.-3:30 p.m.
Students may also join the Summer Afternoon Social Skills Group.
Summer 2020 Tuition
Pricing if paid in full on or before April 30, 2020
- Summer Academic Program Only: $3,400
- Summer Foundations Program: $3,400
- Academic and Afternoon Activities Program: $5,000
- Social Skills Group (Additional Fee): $1,000
- Academic, Afternoon Activities, and Dorm Program: $7,000
Pricing on or after May 1, 2020
- Summer Academic Program Only: $3,600
- Summer Foundations Program: $3,600
- Academic and Afternoon Activities Program: $5,400
- Social Skills Group (Additional Fee): $1,200
- Academic, Afternoon Activities, and Dorm Program: $7,400
- Hear from our Head of School.
- Learn our mission & philosophy.
- Explore our campus.
- Get to know our administrative team.
- Meet some of our exceptional faculty.
- Attend an Open House to learn more about our school year program.
- Request more information about our school.
EAGLE HILL AT-A-GLANCE
- Ages of students: 5-15
- Total enrollment: 260
- Head of School: Clay Kaufman
- Number of teaching faculty: 75
- Number of boarding students: up to 35 (five days/week)
- Student to teacher ratio: average of 4:1
- Founded in 1975
- Eagle Hill is accredited by the State of Connecticut Department of Education.
- The National Association of Special Education Teachers (NASET) has selected Eagle Hill as a School of Excellence eight years in a row.
Preventing the Summer Slide
As educators, one thing that concerns all of us at Eagle Hill School in Greenwich is the amount of learning that our students lose during the summer months. This “summer slide” can be discouraging for a student as a new school year begins.
Of course, we all (teachers and families alike) look forward to the summer months. Longer, warmer days with more time to relax, spend time with our loved ones, and maybe even take a nice, long trip. Still, summer is always shorter than we think and goes by faster than we anticipate. Though we all need and cherish this more relaxing time, it’s estimated that, without support, young students can lose significant academic progress over the summer. This means that students, and teachers, are starting off the next school year at a disadvantage. It’s thought that teachers can spend up to six weeks of the new school year working to get their students back to their pre-summer point.