The Eagle Hill Speaker Series
Thank you to everyone who joined us for our 2020-2021 virtual series! New speakers will be announced over the summer for the 2021-2022 school year. Please contact Lisa Ferraro with any questions.
Coming in November 2021:
Harold S. Koplewicz, MD - Founding President & Medical Director at the Child Mind Institute
Harold S. Koplewicz, MD, is the founding president and medical director of the Child Mind Institute, the only independent national nonprofit dedicated to child and adolescent mental health. One of the nation’s leading child and adolescent psychiatrists, Dr. Koplewicz has been interviewed for multiple national broadcast and print outlets and his writing has appeared in TIME and USA Today. He is the author of several books, including The Scaffold Effect: Raising Resilient, Self-Reliant and Secure Kids in an Age of Anxiety. During the coronavirus pandemic, Dr. Koplewicz led the Child Mind Institute in a digital transformation to bring families everywhere mental health support including telehealth treatment, hotlines for front line professionals, resources for underserved communities, and #WeThriveInside, a celebrity social media campaign that reached more than 250 million people.
- Watch our admissions video
- Learn about our fall re-opening plans
- Read our mission & philosophy statements
- Get to know our administrative team
- Meet some of our exceptional faculty
- Register for an Open House
- Request more information about our school
- Learn more about our academic programs
- Learn more about our Residential Program
EAGLE HILL AT-A-GLANCE
- Enrolling students grades K–8
- Total enrollment: 260
- Head of School: Jim Heus
- Number of teaching faculty: 75
- Student to teacher ratio: average of 4:1
- Founded in 1975
- Eagle Hill is accredited by the State of Connecticut Department of Education, the Connecticut Association of Independent Schools, and the National Association of Independent Schools
- The National Association of Special Education Teachers (NASET) has selected Eagle Hill as a School of Excellence nine years in a row.