Presented by the Anna-Maria & Stephen Kellen Foundation
The Eagle Hill
2019-2020 Speaker Series
All presentations begin at 7 p.m. in the Eagle Hill School Community Room. Please contact Cindy Ruiz with any questions.
DR. MICHAEL G. THOMPSON - November 13, 2019
The Pressured Child: Helping Your Child Find Success in School and Life
Dr. Thompson is a consultant, author, and psychologist specializing in children and families. He is the supervising psychologist for the Belmont Hill School and has worked in more than seven hundred schools across the United States, as well as in international schools in Central America, Europe, Africa, and Asia.
With co-author Dan Kindlon, Dr. Thompson wrote the New York Times best-selling book Raising Cain: Protecting the Emotional Life of Boys.
JONATHAN MOONEY - February 12, 2020
The End of School and the Future of Learning
Jonathan Mooney is an award-winning writer, entrepreneur, and activist who did not learn to read until he was twelve years old. With the publication of Learning Outside the Lines (now in its 28th printing) when he was 23, Jonathan has established himself as one of the foremost leaders in the neurodiversity and learning revolution.
MARC BRACKETT - April 22, 2020
The Role of Emotions and Emotional Intelligence in Learning
Marc Brackett, Ph. D., is the founding director of the Yale Center for Emotional Intelligence and professor in the Child Study Center at the Yale School of Medicine. He has published 125 scholarly articles and has received numerous awards for his work. His research focuses on the roles of emotions and emotional intelligence in the learning, the measurement of emotional intelligence, and the influence on emotional intelligence training on children and adults.
All presentations begin at 7 p.m. in the Eagle Hill School Community Room.
Contact Cindy Ruiz with any questions.
- Hear from our Head of School
- Learn our mission & philosophy
- Read more about our academic programs
- Learn more about the Residential Program
- Get to know our administrative team
- Meet some of our exceptional faculty
- Request more information about our school
- Register for our second annual High School Fair
- Attend an Open House.
EAGLE HILL AT-A-GLANCE
- Ages of students: 5-15
- Total enrollment: 260
- Head of School: Clay Kaufman
- Number of Teaching Faculty: 75
- Number of Boarding Students: Up to 35 (five days/week)
- Student to teacher ratio: average of 4:1
- Founded in 1975
- Eagle Hill is accredited by the State of Connecticut Department of Education, the Connecticut Association of Independent Schools, and the National Association of Independent Schools
- The National Association of Special Education Teachers (NASET) has selected Eagle Hill as a School of Excellence eight years in a row.