The Eagle Hill 2021-2022 VIRTUAL Speaker Series
All presentations begin at 7 p.m. and will be held on Zoom. A link will be shared the morning of the presentation. Contact Lisa Ferraro with any questions.
November 2, 2021
Harold S. Koplewicz, MD - Author of The Scaffold Effect: Raising Resilient, Self-Reliant and Secure Kids in an Age of Anxiety
Harold S. Koplewicz, MD, is the founding president and medical director of the Child Mind Institute, the only independent national nonprofit dedicated to child and adolescent mental health. One of the nation’s leading child and adolescent psychiatrists, Dr. Koplewicz has been interviewed for multiple national broadcast and print outlets and his writing has appeared in TIME and USA Today. He is the author of several books, including The Scaffold Effect: Raising Resilient, Self-Reliant and Secure Kids in an Age of Anxiety. During the coronavirus pandemic, Dr. Koplewicz led the Child Mind Institute in a digital transformation to bring families everywhere mental health support including telehealth treatment, hotlines for front line professionals, resources for underserved communities, and #WeThriveInside, a celebrity social media campaign that reached more than 250 million people.
February 8, 2022
Michele Borba, Ed.D. - Author of Thrivers: The Surprising Reasons Why Some Kids Struggle and Others Shine
Michele Borba, Ed.D. is a sought-after motivational speaker, NBC contributor, and award-winning author of 22 books. Her latest book Unselfie: Why Empathetic Kids Succeed in Our All-About Me World, presents a revolutionary new framework for activating empathy. Dr. Borba dispels the myth that grades, scores, and IQ are the quickest road to achievement and happiness. Instead, the "Empathy Advantage" and the skills it ignites are what we really need to succeed in school, the workplace, and in relationships.
April 5, 2022
Tina Payne Bryson, Ph.D. - Author of The YES Brain: How to Cultivate Courage, Curiosity, and Resilience in Your Child
Dr. Tina Payne Bryson is the author of The Bottom Line for Baby and co-author (with Dan Siegel) of The Whole-Brain Child, No Drama Discipline, The Yes Brain, and The Power of Showing Up. She is the Founder and Executive Director of the Center for Connection, a multidisciplinary clinical practice in southern California. A licensed clinical social worker, Tina is a graduate of Baylor University and received her Ph.D. from USC.
- Watch our admissions video
- Learn about our fall re-opening plans
- Read our mission & philosophy statements
- Get to know our administrative team
- Meet some of our exceptional faculty
- Register for an Open House
- Request more information about our school
- Learn more about our academic programs
- Learn more about our Residential Program
EAGLE HILL AT-A-GLANCE
- Enrolling students grades K–8
- Total enrollment: 260
- Head of School: Jim Heus
- Number of teaching faculty: 75
- Student to teacher ratio: average of 4:1
- Founded in 1975
- Eagle Hill is accredited by the State of Connecticut Department of Education, the Connecticut Association of Independent Schools, and the National Association of Independent Schools
- The National Association of Special Education Teachers (NASET) has selected Eagle Hill as a School of Excellence ten years in a row.