At Eagle Hill, we are committed to providing a full academic program for our students whether we are able to be on-campus or if state guidelines require that we continue our distance learning program. Our goal is to have students and staff on campus - with safety precautions in place. The details regarding the Academic Program for our re-opening plan can be found below.
We continue to closely monitor the health crisis created by COVID-19 and are aware that State requirements for school re-openings may change as the summer progresses. All decisions will be made with the health and safety of our students and faculty as the primary focus. We will keep our families informed of any changes via email and through regular updates on this webpage.
Eagle Hill Will:
- Organize cohorts to keep groups of students together during the day. Students will remain in these cohorts for all aspects of the day, including academic classes, art, music, physical activity, lunch, and recess.
- Provide art, music, and physical activity integrated within the daily academic schedule.
- Music classes will be once a week and will be Zoomed into classrooms to minimize cross-cohort exposure
- Art classes will be once every other week and will be Zoomed into classrooms to minimize cross-cohort exposure
- PE classes will be twice a week
- Provide integrated psychological services within the daily schedule.
- Provide integrated speech and language services within the daily schedule
- Provide a proctored daily study hall for all Lower and Upper School students.
- August 1: a final plan for the school year will be formalized.
- August 31: Orientation for ALL Upper School students
- August 31: Orientation for ALL Foundations students
- September 1: Orientation for ALL Lower School students
- September 2: first day of the 2020-2021 school year
- September 7: Labor Day - no classes
- In order to return to campus by August 31, students will have to quarantine at home by August 14 if they have traveled from a state identified as having travel restrictions to CT or NY.
- Click here for a list of states with restrictions.
- Orientation times will be specific to assigned cohorts. Specific information will be sent in mid-August.
- August 1 - Full Re-Opening Document
- August 1 - Letter from Jim Heus & Tom Cone
- July 24 - Letter from Jim Heus
- July 3 - Letter from Jim Heus and Tom Cone
- June 13 - Letter from Tom Cone
- June 12 - Re-Entry Task Force Update