Planning is underway for the 2021-2022 school year. Our plans (including any ongoing health and safety precautions) will be posted here once finalized. The information below is regarding the 2020-2021 school year.
At Eagle Hill, we are committed to providing a full academic program for our students whether we are able to be on-campus or if state guidelines require that we continue our distance learning program. Our goal is to have students and staff on campus - with safety precautions in place. The details regarding the Academic Program for our re-opening plan can be found below.
We continue to closely monitor the health crisis created by COVID-19 and are aware that State requirements for school re-openings may change as the summer progresses. All decisions will be made with the health and safety of our students and faculty as the primary focus. We will keep our families informed of any changes via email and through regular updates on this webpage.
Eagle Hill Will:
- Organize cohorts to keep groups of students together during the day. Students will remain in these cohorts for all aspects of the day, including academic classes, art, music, physical activity, lunch, and recess.
- Provide art, music, and physical activity integrated within the daily academic schedule.
- Music classes will be once a week and will be Zoomed into classrooms to minimize cross-cohort exposure
- Art classes will be once every other week and will be Zoomed into classrooms to minimize cross-cohort exposure
- PE classes will be twice a week
- Provide integrated psychological services within the daily schedule.
- Provide integrated speech and language services within the daily schedule
- Provide a proctored daily study hall for all Lower and Upper School students.
- Learn our mission & philosophy
- Read more about our academic programs
- Get to know our administrative team
- Meet some of our exceptional faculty
- Register for an Open House
- Request more information about our school
EAGLE HILL AT-A-GLANCE
- Enrolling students grades K–8
- Total enrollment: 260
- Head of School: Jim Heus
- Number of teaching faculty: 75
- Student to teacher ratio: average of 4:1
- Founded in 1975
- The National Association of Special Education Teachers (NASET) has selected Eagle Hill as a School of Excellence nine years in a row.
- Eagle Hill is accredited by the State of Connecticut Department of Education.