The Transition Planning Process
Eagle Hill School strongly believes in the principles of its mission statement. A founding belief is that EHS is a transition school. As soon as your child is accepted to Eagle Hill, the transition process begins. Your child's schedule is carefully crafted each year, classes are kept small, progress is constantly monitored, and goals are adjusted in preparation for their return to a less restrictive environment. The planning and placement process is an extension of what is done at Eagle Hill each and every day. The transition process, like every other aspect of the program, is just as highly personalized. Each child requires guidance that meets their needs for transition, including help with school interviews, test-taking, letter writing, and more.
For questions about placement, contact Tom Cone, Director of Placement - T.Cone@eaglehill.org.
Current Eagle Hill parents – further placement information is available behind the Parent Portal.
- Hear from our Head of School
- Learn about our fall re-opening plans
- Read our mission & philosophy statements
- Get to know our administrative team
- Meet some of our exceptional faculty
- Learn about our Academic Programs
- Learn about our Junior Boarding Program
- Apply to EHS online
- Review tuition cost and financial aid opportunities
- Register for an Open House
- Request more information about our school
EAGLE HILL AT-A-GLANCE
- Enrolling students grades K–8
- Total enrollment: 260
- Head of School: Jim Heus
- Number of teaching faculty: 75
- Student to teacher ratio: average of 4:1
- Founded in 1975
- The National Association of Special Education Teachers (NASET) has selected Eagle Hill as a School of Excellence nine years in a row.
- Eagle Hill is accredited by the State of Connecticut Department of Education.