Welcome to Eagle Hill. Welcome home.
As parents of children with learning differences, we know that your family’s academic journey may not have been easy, particularly during the health crisis created by COVID-19. Your path to Eagle Hill may have been difficult – but we’re here to help.
Our goal in the Admissions Office is to learn more about your child – where their academic strengths and weaknesses are, where they have found success at school, and how our personalized education program can help them progress academically and socially.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Jennifer Shirazi, Director of Enrollment • J.Shirazi@eaglehill.org
The Eagle Hill admissions process is designed to ensure that your child will thrive here.
All children are considered for admission in a thoughtful, thorough manner. Our process ensures that we accept only the students who will most benefit from our unique and highly specialized program.
Ready to apply to Eagle Hill School? Follow our three-step process:
Please note that the steps outlined are subject to change based on health and safety protocols and regulations.
Step 1: Submit an application
The complete application file includes the Eagle Hill application and supporting documentation, including:
- An online application.
- A neuro-psych evaluation conducted within the past two years.
- School reports.
- Any specialists' reports available (i.e. speech and language, therapist, academic tutor, etc).
Step 2: Meet with the Admissions team
Once we have reviewed your child's completed application file, we will contact you to set up an appointment to visit the school and meet with a member of the Admissions team. You will:
- Tour the campus.
- Observe students and faculty in classes and activities.
- Meet the Admissions team to determine if the school is a good fit for your child.
Step 3: Bring your child for a visit
If the first two steps reveal that Eagle Hill is a good fit for your child, then it's time for your child to come to campus for a visit. During the visit, your child will:
- Attend classes with a student host.
- Join the host for lunch and recess.
This step is critical to a final decision, as it helps determine if your child feels comfortable in the Eagle Hill setting. It also allows faculty to determine if our program can meet your child's educational needs.
"It's great here and I absolutely love it. You have to stay really determined when it comes to your school work, because it's going to get a little challenging for you and your teachers are going to try and bring you up to grade level. But you're going to learn the correct pace to do your work, have lots of one-on-one time with your teachers, and you have a good amount of time to get your work done."
Is Eagle Hill right for your child?
Explore an Eagle Hill education if your child has:
- A language-based learning difference, including but not limited to dyslexia, dyscalculia, dysgraphia, executive functioning disorder, auditory processing disorder, and ADHD.
- Average to above-average cognitive ability.
- Fallen behind or have academic weakness in the areas of reading, writing, mathematics, and/or attention.
- Expressive/receptive language deficits.
Our program cannot effectively teach students with behavioral or emotional challenges that would negatively impact regular classroom activity.
Notice of Nondiscriminatory Policy as to Students
Eagle Hill School admits students of any race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other school-administered programs.
- Hear from our Head of School
- Learn about our fall re-opening plans
- Read our mission & philosophy statements
- Get to know our administrative team
- Meet some of our exceptional faculty
- Learn about our Academic Programs
- Learn about our Junior Boarding Program
- Apply to EHS online
- Review tuition cost and financial aid opportunities
- What comes next? Placements after Eagle Hill
- Register for an Open House
- Request more information about our school
EAGLE HILL AT-A-GLANCE
- Enrolling students grades K–8
- Total enrollment: 260
- Head of School: Jim Heus
- Number of teaching faculty: 75
- Student to teacher ratio: average of 4:1
- Founded in 1975
- The National Association of Special Education Teachers (NASET) has selected Eagle Hill as a School of Excellence nine years in a row.
- Eagle Hill is accredited by the State of Connecticut Department of Education.