Watch your child grow academically, socially, and emotionally in Eagle Hill’s Upper School.
At Eagle Hill, your child will be known, appreciated, and understood. It’s this deep commitment to each student’s learning and life experiences that carries Eagle Hill students from our Upper School into the wider world.
Upper School students typically range in age from 11-15, with variations based on skills and readiness.
In all areas of Upper School instruction:
- Students develop both a thorough understanding of and appreciation for a topic, and become enthusiastic and motivated to learn
- Small class sizes allow for individualized instruction
- Teachers select reading materials that are of interest to students and at their reading level
- Hands-on, multi-sensory activities keep students engaged
- Students learn at their own pace, giving them time to master concepts and develop confidence
"It's great here and I absolutely love it. You have to stay really determined when it comes to your school work, because it's going to get a little challenging for you and your teachers are going to try and bring you up to grade level. But you're going to learn the correct pace to do your work, have lots of one-on-one time with your teachers, and you have a good amount of time to get your work done."
- Get an overview of all our Academic Programs
- Learn more about the Foundations Program, typically for students ages 5-7
- Explore our Lower School typically for students ages 7-11
- Learn about our Fine Arts classes
- Find out more about additional Eagle Hill services
EAGLE HILL AT-A-GLANCE
- Ages of students: 5-15
- Total enrollment: 255
- Head of School: Clay Kaufman
- Number of Teaching Faculty: 75
- Number of Boarding Students: Up to 35 (five days/week)
- Student Teacher Ratios: 1:1 to 12:1
- Founded in 1975
- Eagle Hill is accredited by the State of Connecticut Department of Education, the Connecticut Association of Independent Schools, and the National Association of Independent Schools
- The National Association of Special Education Teachers (NASET) has selected Eagle Hill as a School of Excellence eight years in a row.