Watch your child grow academically, socially, and emotionally in Eagle Hill’s Upper School.
At Eagle Hill, your child will be known, appreciated, and understood. It’s this deep commitment to each student’s learning and life experiences that carries Eagle Hill students from our Upper School into the wider world.
Upper School students typically range in age from 11-15, with variations based on skills and readiness.
In all areas of Upper School instruction:
- Students develop both a thorough understanding of and appreciation for a topic, and become enthusiastic and motivated to learn
- Small class sizes allow for individualized instruction
- Teachers select reading materials that are of interest to students and at their reading level
- Hands-on, multi-sensory activities keep students engaged
- Students learn at their own pace, giving them time to master concepts and develop confidence
- Explore the Foundations Program for our youngest students
- Learn more about the Lower School, typically for students age 6-11
- Read more about our Junior Boarding Program
- Meet some of our exceptional faculty
- Learn more about the Admissions Process
- Register for an Open House
- Request more information about our school
EAGLE HILL AT-A-GLANCE
- Enrolling students grades K–8
- Total enrollment: 260
- Head of School: Jim Heus
- Number of teaching faculty: 75
- Student to teacher ratio: average of 4:1
- Founded in 1975
- The National Association of Special Education Teachers (NASET) has selected Eagle Hill as a School of Excellence ten years in a row.
- Eagle Hill is an approved private special education program by the State of Connecticut.