Finally, a learning environment designed for your child’s success.
Lower School is where your child will gain the academic skills they need to soar ahead. The Lower School curriculum will help students develop a lifelong love of learning, a strong sense of confidence, and a healthy dose of independence.
Lower School students typically range in age from 7-11, with variations based on skills and readiness.
In all areas of Lower School instruction:
- Students develop both a thorough understanding of and appreciation for a topic, and become enthusiastic and motivated to learn
- Small class sizes allow for individualized instruction
- Teachers select reading materials that are of student interest and at their reading level
- Hands-on, multi-sensory activities keep students engaged
- Students learn at their own pace, giving them time to master concepts and develop confidence.
"At my old school I didn't feel like I was ready to learn there, I didn't feel like it was a good school for me, so I used to rush. But here they help me a lot, I really slow down now because it really helps me. My teachers come up to me every few minutes and ask, "How's it going? Do you need any help?"
- Get an overview of all our Academic Programs
- Learn more about the Foundations Program, typically for students ages 5-7
- Explore our Upper School, typically for students ages 11-15
- Learn about our Fine Arts classes
- Find out more about additional Eagle Hill services
EAGLE HILL AT-A-GLANCE
- Ages of students: 5-15
- Total enrollment: 255
- Head of School: Clay Kaufman
- Number of Teaching Faculty: 75
- Number of Boarding Students: Up to 35 (five days/week)
- Student to teacher ratio: average of 4:1
- Founded in 1975
- Eagle Hill is accredited by the State of Connecticut Department of Education, the Connecticut Association of Independent Schools, and the National Association of Independent Schools
- The National Association of Special Education Teachers (NASET) has selected Eagle Hill as a School of Excellence eight years in a row.