Welcome from the Head of School
It is with great pleasure that I welcome you to Eagle Hill School.
I am very proud to work with the dedicated administrators, faculty, and staff of Eagle Hill School, and to support our special students and their families. We hope you will take time to explore our website, or schedule a visit to our campus – the very best way to gain a complete understanding of the Eagle Hill experience.
For more than four decades, Eagle Hill has had an incredible record of helping children with language-based learning disabilities become successful learners.
We are a child-centered school that addresses each child’s specific educational needs by developing an individualized academic program, delivered by a staff of highly trained, dedicated, and experienced special educators and literacy specialists. At Eagle Hill, our children, faculty, and parents form a strong partnership in and out of the classroom.
Our mutual goal is to support our students as they develop the skills needed to be successful learners and return to more traditional educational settings. We believe that this can be accomplished by building upon children’s abilities, not their disabilities, enabling them to transition from academic struggle to academic strength using proven, research-based strategies, materials, and programs. Children become active learners who are aware of their own learning styles and able to advocate for themselves.
At Eagle Hill, we are very aware of the complex world in which our students will live, learn, and contribute. We want them to feel confident in their academic abilities and their worth as human beings who will contribute to the world in which they live. It is our job to prepare them for the future challenges they will meet.
Excellent schools are ones in which everyone is a learner – children, teachers, administrators, and parents. We look forward to learning with you!
Marjorie E. Castro, Ed.D. Head of School
M.Castro@eaglehill.org, (203) 622-9240 x 614
- Learn our mission & philosophy
- Read more about our academic programs
- Learn more about the Residential Program
- Get to know our administrative team
- Meet some of our exceptional faculty
- Teach, Learn, Grow: positions available
- Request more information about our school
EAGLE HILL AT-A-GLANCE
- Ages of students: 5-15
- Total enrollment: 260
- Head of School: Dr. Marjorie E. Castro
- Number of Teaching Faculty: 75
- Number of Boarding Students: Up to 35 (five days/week)
- Student Teacher Ratios: 1:1 to 12:1
- Founded in 1975
- Eagle Hill is accredited by the State of Connecticut Department of Education
- The National Association of Special Education Teachers (NASET) has selected Eagle Hill as a School of Excellence eight years in a row.