Welcome from the Head of School
Welcome to Eagle Hill School!
Over four decades, Eagle Hill has a remarkable record of helping children with language-based learning disabilities become successful learners. Your child has great strengths, and at Eagle Hill, our highly trained teachers and reading and writing specialists will know and understand your child, build on those strengths, and support the skills that make students successful in school and in life.
Our caring staff works together closely to understand how each child learns. Our multi-sensory, research-based approach makes students active learners who become good self-advocates and who know what tools and strategies they need to thrive.
You may be wondering if the right school can make a difference for you and your child. Come visit us: take a tour, ask questions, and learn how Eagle Hill transforms lives.
We have helped so many students become confident and successful. When you visit, you will see first-hand what makes Eagle Hill different.
We look forward to meeting you!
Clay Kaufman, Head of School
- Learn our mission & philosophy
- Read more about our academic programs
- Learn more about the Residential Program
- Get to know our administrative team
- Meet some of our exceptional faculty
- Teach, Learn, Grow: positions available
- Request more information about our school
EAGLE HILL AT-A-GLANCE
- Ages of students: 5-15
- Total enrollment: 260
- Head of School: Clay Kaufman
- Number of Teaching Faculty: 75
- Number of Boarding Students: Up to 35 (five days/week)
- Student Teacher Ratios: 1:1 to 12:1
- Founded in 1975
- Eagle Hill is accredited by the State of Connecticut Department of Education, the Connecticut Association of Independent Schools, and the National Association of Independent Schools
- The National Association of Special Education Teachers (NASET) has selected Eagle Hill as a School of Excellence eight years in a row.