Welcome from the Head of School
Welcome to Eagle Hill School!
For more than four decades, Eagle Hill has helped children with language-based learning disabilities become successful learners. Eagle Hill has a stellar reputation in the region and in the field of specialized education – and I’m excited to be joining the Eagle Hill community at this pivotal time.
The COVID-19 health crisis has changed the way we teach, learn, and work. It has also reinforced how important education is – particularly for students who learn differently. At Eagle Hill, we’ve always been incredibly proud of our personalized educational program, and now we know we can deliver an exemplary program whether we’re on campus or online.
As we navigate through these challenging times, we continue to focus on the individual needs of each student. Every student at Eagle Hill has great strengths, and our highly trained teachers will get to know and understand your child, build on those strengths, and support the skills that make students successful in school and in life.
Our teachers work with an incredible team – staff members who provide services that round out a child’s education. Members of the speech and language and psychological services staff are integrated into classes, collaborate with teachers, and work together to ensure that each child has the services they need to thrive at Eagle Hill.
You may be wondering if this is the right time to change your child’s school or if the right school can make a difference for you and your child. Come visit us: meet with our admissions team, ask questions, and learn how Eagle Hill transforms lives.
We have helped so many students become confident and successful. We hope to have the opportunity to help your student flourish too.
We look forward to meeting you!
Jim Heus, Head of School • J.Heus@eaglehill.org
- Watch our admissions video
- Learn about our fall re-opening plans
- Read our mission & philosophy statements
- Get to know our administrative team
- Meet some of our exceptional faculty
- Register for an Open House
- Request more information about our school
EAGLE HILL AT-A-GLANCE
- Enrolling students grades K–8
- Total enrollment: 260
- Head of School: Jim Heus
- Number of teaching faculty: 75
- Student to teacher ratio: average of 4:1
- Founded in 1975
- The National Association of Special Education Teachers (NASET) has selected Eagle Hill as a School of Excellence nine years in a row.
- Eagle Hill is accredited by the State of Connecticut Department of Education