Employment: Teach, Learn, Grow
JOIN OUR OUTSTANDING TEAM! Eagle Hill School is seeking exceptional candidates to come to campus on Saturday, April 13 for a special day of interviews.
As educators, we know that you're more than your resume. We also know that it's not always possible to miss a day of school for an interview. With that in mind, we are hosting a day of Saturday interviews for qualified candidates.
- Be certified special education or literacy teachers
- Fill out the brief form below
- Please be sure to attach your resume and application to the form.
Once we have received your information, we will contact you to schedule a time for you to visit campus and interview with an Eagle Hill administrator.
- Certified Special Education Teachers or Literacy Teachers for the 2019-2020 School Year
- Permanent Substitute Support Teachers for the 2019-2020 School Year
Accepting applications for qualified special education or literacy teachers for the 2019-2010 school year. Once hired, teachers must apply immediately for Connecticut Certification in special education or literacy.
Applicants should send resume, cover letter, and written references to:
Wendy Breakell, Personnel Coordinator
45 Glenville Road, Greenwich, CT. 06831
A bit about full-time teaching at Eagle Hill School:
- School day is from 8 a.m.-4 p.m.
- After 2 p.m., when the academic day ends, full-time teachers are involved in coaching, teaching an afternoon activity (i.e. cooking, drama, photography), or proctoring study halls.
- All full-time first year faculty are required to participate in dormitory supervision one evening per week (4 p.m.-10 p.m.).
- Two-week winter and spring break; usually, the last two weeks of March (full-time faculty).
- Each new full-time teacher is assigned a veteran Master Teacher as a mentor
This one or two year position will include the following responsibilities:
- Substitute teaching on a daily basis
- Assisting in classes when not subbing
- Helping with school projects as assigned
- Attending Friday afternoon in-service meetings
- Covering two study halls (or study hall and an activity) each day (Monday-Thursday)
COMPENSATION: $30,000 with benefits
HOURS: 8 a.m.-4 p.m.
Applicants should send resume and cover letter:
Wendy Breakell, Personnel Coordinator
- GRADUATE SCHOOL REIMBURSEMENT
- WEEKLY IN-SERVICE PROGRAMS
- MEDICAL/DENTAL BENEFITS /DEFINED CONTRIBUTION PENSION PLAN
- CHILD CARE
When available, there are often opportunities to live in school-owned housing, both on and off campus. There is a charge for housing which is generally far below market value. Faculty who are returning for a subsequent year may retain their housing at no cost during the summer months. All faculty members who do not live in faculty housing are given a cash housing stipend dependent upon years of service. This stipend is added to cash compensation.
For consideration, please submit a completed employment application, along with a resume, cover letter, and two letters of recommendation to Wendy Breakell. Please be aware that the application is a writeable PDF. Once complete, send the above documents as attachments via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
HEAR FROM OUR TEACHERS...
- Hear from our Head of School
- Learn our mission & philosophy
- Explore our campus
- Get to know our administrative team
- Meet some of our exceptional faculty
- Request more information about our school.
EAGLE HILL AT-A-GLANCE
- Ages of students: 5-15
- Total enrollment: 255
- Head of School: Dr. Marjorie E. Castro
- Number of Teaching Faculty: 75
- Number of Boarding Students: Up to 35 (five days/week)
- Student Teacher Ratios: 1:1 to 12:1
- Founded in 1975
- Eagle Hill is accredited by the State of Connecticut Department of Education
- The National Association of Special Education Teachers (NASET) has selected Eagle Hill as a School of Excellence seven years in a row.