Reading. Writing. Independence. Confidence. Self-advocacy.
At Eagle Hill School, your child will develop all these skills - and more - skills that start in the classroom and stay with your child everywhere they go.
We develop capable, confident students who are ready to soar.
By the time your child leaves Eagle Hill, they will have the academic tools, self-confidence, and self-advocacy skills to thrive in school and in life. As a result of their Eagle Hill education, they will have a firm sense of self-worth that will carry them through life.
At Eagle Hill, your child’s learning experience will be completely customized.
Each child is carefully evaluated, and based on the specific nature of his or her learning difficulty, a personalized educational program is developed.
- No single remedial technique is followed exclusively - each child's program draws from as many approaches as needed.
- Children learn and advance at their own pace. Our low student-teacher ratio provides the flexibility and time to address individual needs in each area.
Your child will have a full, rewarding school experience.
Students participate in a broad range of activities in addition to their academic courses.
- The athletic program, designed to enhance fitness and promote skill development, is an integral part of life at Eagle Hill.
- Music, art, and activities such as photography, computer coding, and dance are a part of every student’s program.
- Student Council and community service programs provide opportunities for leadership and service, enriching our strong sense of community.
Your child will be prepared for continued success after Eagle Hill.
Our goal is to provide intensive instruction to children with learning differences, and prepare them to return to the educational mainstream.
- At Eagle Hill, each student learns to understand and overcome their individual challenges. They gain tools and strategies they can use throughout their life, and they learn to advocate for themselves.
- Faculty and administrators carefully assess each returning child's progress and to recommend candidates for graduation. During the child's last year, their educational program evolves to help prepare for their post-Eagle Hill placement.
Our program is designed for students who have:
- A language-based learning difference, including but not limited to dyslexia, dyscalculia, dysgraphia, executive functioning disorder, auditory processing disorder, and ADHD.
- Average to above-average cognitive ability.
- Fallen behind or have academic weakness in the areas of reading, writing, mathematics, and/or attention.
- Expressive/receptive language deficits.
Our program cannot effectively teach students with behavioral or emotional challenges that would negatively impact regular classroom activity.
- Hear from our Head of School
- Watch our admissions video
- Read our mission & philosophy statements
- Get to know our administrative team
- Meet some of our exceptional faculty
- Register for an Open House
- Request more information about our school
EAGLE HILL AT-A-GLANCE
- Enrolling students ages 5-15
- Total enrollment: 260
- Head of School: Jim Heus
- Number of teaching faculty: 75
- Student to teacher ratio: average of 4:1
- Founded in 1975
- The National Association of Special Education Teachers (NASET) has selected Eagle Hill as a School of Excellence ten years in a row.