The mission of the Parents Association is to build community through various activities and events bringing parents and families together in support of EHS students, faculty and staff. Our goal is to create a supportive environment for our geographically diverse families that fosters community, promotes the general life of the school, and provides opportunities to educate ourselves in our role as parents of children with learning disabilities.
Opportunities are always available to chair or volunteer for the many PA events and activities, and we are actively looking for parents to chair or co-chair our events for the 2020-21 school year. Interested in understanding more about running any specific event this year or next year? Please contact any of the PA members below for more information.
As our community comes together in this unique year with social distancing restrictions, a number of PA events will be reimagined and others put on hold. Please know that creating a supportive environment is paramount to the mission of the Parents' Association. As we move through the year, we will communicate upcoming events and opportunities to get involved. Click here for current parent connection programs.
(917) 678-5876 • email@example.com
Laura Klarman, Logowear Chair
(917) 923-6521 • firstname.lastname@example.org
(917) 992-7980 • email@example.com
Jennifer Borak, Cohort Parent Meetup Chair, Sunday Supper & Bingo Chair
(917) 363-9468 • Jenniferborak@gmail.com
Vicki LaMura Finnerty, Logistics Chair
(917) 327-6036 • Serci32@hotmail.com
(917) 941-6981 • Soniamobile@yahoo.com
Ashley Geronemus, Book Fair Chair
(484) 678-4896 • firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sept. 11 & 14: Eagle Hill 101: A New School/A New Year
- Oct. 5: Talking with our Children, Caretakers, and Others in our Child's World About Their LDs – The Fine Line Enabling or Supporting
- Nov. 9: Social Media and Screen Time. It's Here to Stay!
- Dec. 14: Anxiety and How it Permeates
- Jan 11: Medication and Alternative Treatment Considerations
- Feb. 8: Social Pragmatics: Helping our Children Navigate Social Interactions When it's Hard to Find the Words
- March 8: Family Dynamics: With and Without Siblings
- April 12: Self Preservation – Take the Time to Take Care of YOU so YOU Can Take Care of Your Children
- May 10: Grit and Mindfulness for our Children's Success
- Looking Ahead: Making Positive Transitions
- POTENTIAL ADDITION: Let's Think Summer! Summer Camps and Other Options!
2019-2020 Parent Support Group Downloads
- September 27 Eagle Hill 101: A New Year and/or a New School
- October 25 Strategies with Medication
- November 15 Social Media—It’s Here To Stay!
- December 6 Holiday @ Home Strategies
- January 10 Summer Camps: Dead of Winter, Let’s Think Summer
- January 24 Bullying: Awareness and Support
- February 7 Anxiety and Depression
- February 21 Family Dynamics: With and Without Siblings
- March 6 Exec. Functioning/Social Pragmatics/S&L