Head of School Search
The Board of Trustees has started a search for a new permanent Head of School. Last year, we engaged the firm Resource Group 175 to guide us through a search which was significantly compromised by COVID-19. We will continue to work with RG175 as we have an excellent partnership with them, they know Eagle Hill well, and they have deep relationships with exceptional candidates throughout the U.S.
The Search Committee has begun reviewing candidates. We anticipate final candidates to visit our school in the late fall and that an announcement of a new Head of School would occur shortly thereafter. Throughout the process, the Committee will seek to find a balance between gathering community input and respecting the privacy of the candidates.
The Eagle Hill community is grateful for Head of School Jim Heus’ leadership during this challenging time and for working to ensure that our students continue to learn on campus, in person, with our exceptional faculty and staff.
- Hear from our Head of School
- Watch our admissions video
- Learn about our fall re-opening plans
- Read our mission & philosophy statements
- Get to know our administrative team
- Meet some of our exceptional faculty
- Register for an Open House
- Request more information about our school
EAGLE HILL AT-A-GLANCE
- Enrolling students grades K–8
- Total enrollment: 260
- Head of School: Jim Heus
- Number of teaching faculty: 75
- Student to teacher ratio: average of 4:1
- Founded in 1975
- The National Association of Special Education Teachers (NASET) has selected Eagle Hill as a School of Excellence ten years in a row.
- Eagle Hill is accredited by the State of Connecticut Department of Education