- Interim Head of School
Returning to Campus: Fall 2020 During COVID-19
We know that returning to campus significantly enhances our academic program and also provides the social and emotional support that our students need. Our goal at Eagle Hill is to resume classes on campus in the fall. Our Re-Entry Task Force has been meeting weekly since early May and has created a plan that will allow students and staff back on campus with appropriate health precautions in place. Our current re-opening plan addresses the requirements put in place by the State of Connecticut. We continue to closely monitor the health crisis created by COVID-19 and are aware that State requirements for school re-openings may change as the summer progresses. All decisions will be made with the health and safety of our students and faculty as the primary focus. We will keep our families informed of any changes via email and through regular updates on this webpage.
Below, you will find more details on Eagle Hill's plan to re-open campus for the 2020-2021 school year. You will also find the members of our Re-Entry Task Force. You are welcome to reach out to us with any questions or concerns.
Please note that while our plan is to have students back on campus for classes, we are also offering an option for a fully online distance learning program for any family who chooses not to return to campus. This online program will build on the distance learning program created in the spring and will include six live online classes per day as well integrated related services (psych services and speech and language).
We look forward to welcoming our students, faculty, and staff back to campus and we are excited for the upcoming school year!
Further details regarding the academic program, including sample schedules by division, technology, psychological services, and social and emotional support.
Further details regarding health screenings, social distancing, and other health protocols for re-opening.
- Assistant Head of School
- Director of Finance
- State Covid Coordinator
- Director of Development & Communications
- Co-Covid Coordinator
- School Nurse
- Lower School Division Head
- Upper School Division Head
- Foundations Division Head
- Director of Technology
- Director of Facilities
- August 1: a final plan for the school year will be formalized.
- August 31: Orientation for ALL Upper School students
- August 31: Orientation for ALL Foundations students
- September 1: Orientation for ALL Lower School students
- September 2: first day of the 2020-2021 school year
- September 7: Labor Day - no classes
- In order to return to campus by August 31, students will have to quarantine at home by August 14 if they have traveled from a state identified as having travel restrictions to CT or NY.
- Click here for a list of states with restrictions.
- Orientation times will be specific to assigned cohorts. Specific information will be sent in mid-August.
- August 1 - Full Re-Opening Document
- August 1 - Letter from Jim Heus & Tom Cone
- July 24 - Letter from Jim Heus
- July 3 - Letter from Jim Heus and Tom Cone
- June 13 - Letter from Tom Cone
- June 12 - Re-Entry Task Force Update
- Learn our mission & philosophy.
- Read more about our academic programs.
- Get to know our administrative team.
- Meet some of our exceptional faculty.
- Register for an Open House.
- Request more information about our school.
EAGLE HILL AT-A-GLANCE
- Ages of students: 5-15
- Total enrollment: 260
- Head of School: Jim Heus
- Number of teaching faculty: 75
- Student to teacher ratio: average of 4:1
- Founded in 1975
- Eagle Hill is accredited by the State of Connecticut Department of Education, the Connecticut Association of Independent Schools, and the National Association of Independent Schools
- The National Association of Special Education Teachers (NASET) has selected Eagle Hill as a School of Excellence eight years in a row.