- Interim Head of School
EHS During COVID-19
Planning is underway for the 2021-2022 school year. Our plans (including any ongoing health and safety precautions) will be posted here once finalized. The information below is regarding the 2020-2021 school year.
We know that returning to campus significantly enhances our academic program and also provides the social and emotional support that our students need. We have resumed on-campus instruction for the 2020-2021 school year. Our Re-Entry Task Force has been meeting weekly since early May and has created a plan that will allow students and staff back on campus with appropriate health precautions in place. Our current re-opening plan addresses the requirements put in place by the State of Connecticut. We continue to closely monitor the health crisis created by COVID-19 and are aware that State requirements for school re-openings may change as the summer progresses. All decisions will be made with the health and safety of our students and faculty as the primary focus. We will keep our families informed of any changes via email and through regular updates on this webpage.
Below, you will find more details on Eagle Hill's plan to re-open campus for the 2020-2021 school year. You will also find the members of our Re-Entry Task Force. You are welcome to reach out to us with any questions or concerns.
Please note that while the majority of students are back on campus, we offered an option for a fully online distance learning program for any family who chooses not to return to campus. This online program will build on the distance learning program created in the spring and will include six live online classes per day as well integrated related services (psych services and speech and language).
Further details regarding the academic program, including sample schedules by division, technology, psychological services, and social and emotional support.
Further details regarding health screenings, social distancing, and other health protocols for re-opening.
- Assistant Head of School
- Director of Finance
- State Covid Coordinator
- Director of Development & Communications
- Co-Covid Coordinator
- School Nurse
- Lower School Division Head
- Upper School Division Head
- Director of Technology
- Director of Facilities
- Learn our mission & philosophy
- Read more about our academic programs
- Get to know our administrative team
- Meet some of our exceptional faculty
- Register for an Open House
- Request more information about our school
EAGLE HILL AT-A-GLANCE
- Enrolling students grades K–8
- Total enrollment: 260
- Head of School: Jim Heus
- Number of teaching faculty: 75
- Student to teacher ratio: average of 4:1
- Founded in 1975
- The National Association of Special Education Teachers (NASET) has selected Eagle Hill as a School of Excellence nine years in a row.
- Eagle Hill is accredited by the State of Connecticut Department of Education.