"After his first year at Eagle Hill, our son decided to move into the dorm and was there for three years. The dorm was an amazing experience and helped shape him into the young man he is today. We recommend every student to give the dorm a try – it is life changing!" - Eagle Hill Alumni Parent (Class of 2019)
What is it like to learn AND live at Eagle Hill?
When the Eagle Hill school day ends, the Residential Program begins. Eagle Hill's Residential Program provides students with a safe and structured place to learn and socialize as they further develop their confidence, independence, and self-advocacy.
The program works in tandem with our individualized approach to learning, so each child's development continues after school hours and is specific to their goals and needs.
Your Child's Home-Away-From-Home
The dormitory is located in the beautiful historic Hardwick House, set in the middle of campus. Housing is provided Sunday through Thursday for up to 33 residential students.
- Two full-time staff members and two full-time teachers supervise students, and on-campus faculty and first-year teachers are also on hand each evening.
- The full-time residential faculty assumes responsibility for the supervision, general advice and counseling, behavior, moral and emotional support of the residential students.
- Residential faculty are also involved in our afternoon athletics and activities - often proctoring a study hall or coaching a sport. This provides faculty with an opportunity to get to know students during the normal school day and to further their connection with the residential students.
"I feel like the dorm is also a really good place for kids to make friends. It's like you're closer to them than just a friend because you spend so much time with them. You understand each other a lot faster than you would if you were just in school or hanging out once in a while."
- Get an overview of all our Academic Programs
- Learn more about the Foundations Program, typically for students ages 5-7
- Read about our Lower School, typically for students ages 6-11
- Explore our Upper School, typically for students ages 11-15
- Find out more about our After-School Enrichment Program
- Read more about how Community Service is part of the Eagle Hill program
EAGLE HILL AT-A-GLANCE
- Ages of students: 5-15
- Total enrollment: 255
- Head of School: Clay Kaufman
- Number of Teaching Faculty: 75
- Number of Boarding Students: Up to 35 (five days/week)
- Student Teacher Ratios: 1:1 to 12:1
- Founded in 1975
- Eagle Hill is accredited by the State of Connecticut Department of Education
- The National Association of Special Education Teachers (NASET) has selected Eagle Hill as a School of Excellence eight years in a row.