OPTIONS FOR STUDENTS AGES 7-16. JULY 6 - JULY 31.
With the health and safety of our community in mind, we have decided to hold our Summer Program entirely online. Below, you'll find more information about our online Summer Academic Program and Summer Workshops.
A brief overview of our Summer Programs
Eagle Hill's Summer Academic Program is an extension of the philosophy and strategies for learning that we use throughout the regular school year. Our summer learning experience sets students up for success in the fall.
The Summer Academic Program immerses each child in a language-focused environment tailored to meet his or her learning needs. Our classes are taught primarily by the Eagle Hill School faculty.
Eagle Hill's Summer Academic Program is open to any student who either have a language-based learning disability or simply need additional learning support.
Academic Program (for students 7-12)
- The day will go from 9 a.m. - 11:50 a.m. and will consist of three classes (50 minutes each)
- There will be a 10-minute break in-between each class.
- Class subjects will be: tutorial, math, and oral literature (with writing incorporated).
Summer Workshops (for students 13-16)
Offered in two-week sessions.
- The academic day will run from 9 a.m. - 12 p.m. and will consist of three 50-minute classes.
- Session 1 will run from July 6 - July 17.
- Session 2 will run from July 20 - July 31.
- We hope to offer as many of the following class options as possible during each session. When filling out your application, please select the three classes that would be most beneficial for your student:
- Reading comprehension - focusing on critical thinking skills, vocabulary, and annotation.
- Expository writing - focusing on compare/contrast and persuasive writing skills.
- Math - based on applicant levels.
- Science - conducting experiments and writing lab reports.
- Study skills - providing a focus on note-taking skills and executive function practice.
- Research papers - focusing on gathering information, writing reports, and oral presentations.
- Decoding - based on applicant levels.
Final workshop class offerings will be confirmed prior to the beginning of the program.
Teachers provide explicit instruction in social and emotional language concepts, and help students develop their social thinking and associated social skills. A dynamic Eagle Hill team with extensive experience with social pragmatic language runs the group. Areas of focus include:
- Social problem solving
- Perspective taking
- Executive Function skills
- Conversation skills
- Identification of emotions (feelings)
Discussion and social interaction activities help students learn how to use pragmatic language successfully, recognize the skills and expectations necessary to be a positive member of a group, and initiate and sustain peer relationships.
Enrollment in this program requires an additional fee.
Summer 2020 Tuition
Pricing on or after June 1, 2020
- Summer Academic Program: $3,600
- Social Skills Group (Additional Fee): $1,200
- Summer Workshops: $1,600 per two-week session
- Hear from our Head of School.
- Learn our mission & philosophy.
- Explore our campus.
- Get to know our administrative team.
- Meet some of our exceptional faculty.
- Attend an Open House to learn more about our school year program
- Request more information about our school.
EAGLE HILL AT-A-GLANCE
- Ages of students: 5-15
- Total enrollment: 260
- Head of School: Jim Heus
- Number of teaching faculty: 75
- Number of boarding students: up to 35 (five days/week)
- Student to teacher ratio: average of 4:1
- Founded in 1975
- Eagle Hill is accredited by the State of Connecticut Department of Education.
- The National Association of Special Education Teachers (NASET) has selected Eagle Hill as a School of Excellence eight years in a row.