Eagle Hill employs a trained staff member to provide parent advocacy in the areas of:
- Counseling parents on the special education landscape in New York and Connecticut
- Communicating with parents, faculty, and administrators about Special Education Law and requirements
- Representing the school in presentations and information sessions on special education
- Contacting attorneys who represent Eagle Hill families to establish relationships and better understand their needs
- Offering information about the IEP process including preparation for CSE and PPT meetings
- Providing helpful guidance as parents consider negotiations with their school districts for tuition settlements.
Contact Sue Rappaport (S.Rappaport@eaglehill.org) with any questions or concerns.