Please note: we have suspended our Residential Program for the 2020-2021 school year due to the ongoing COVID-19 health crisis.
If you are interested in the Residential Program for next school year, please contact our Admissions Office.
"After his first year at Eagle Hill, our son decided to move into the dorm and was there for three years. The dorm was an amazing experience and helped shape him into the young man he is today. We recommend every student to give the dorm a try – it is life changing!" - Eagle Hill Alumni Parent (Class of 2019)
What is it like to learn AND live at Eagle Hill?
When the Eagle Hill school day ends, the Residential Program begins. Eagle Hill's Residential Program provides students with a safe and structured place to learn and socialize, reinforcing the skills students work on during the day as they further develop their confidence, independence, and self-advocacy.
The program works in tandem with our individualized approach to learning, so each child's development continues after school hours and is specific to their goals and needs.
Your Child's Home-Away-From-Home
The dormitory is located in the beautiful historic Hardwick House, set in the middle of campus. Housing is provided Sunday through Thursday for up to 33 residential students.
- Two full-time staff members and two full-time teachers supervise students, and on-campus faculty and first-year teachers are also on hand each evening.
- The full-time residential faculty assumes responsibility for the supervision, general advice and counseling, behavior, moral and emotional support of the residential students.
- Residential faculty are also involved in our afternoon athletics and activities - often proctoring a study hall or coaching a sport. This provides faculty with an opportunity to get to know students during the normal school day and to further their connection with the residential students.
"I feel like the dorm is also a really good place for kids to make friends. It's like you're closer to them than just a friend because you spend so much time with them. You understand each other a lot faster than you would if you were just in school or hanging out once in a while."
- Read more about our academic programs
- Watch our admissions video
- Learn about our fall re-opening plans
- Read our mission & philosophy statements
- Get to know our administrative team
- Meet some of our exceptional faculty
- Register for an Open House
- Request more information about our school
EAGLE HILL AT-A-GLANCE
- Enrolling students grades K–8
- Total enrollment: 260
- Head of School: Jim Heus
- Number of teaching faculty: 75
- Student to teacher ratio: average of 4:1
- Founded in 1975
- Eagle Hill is accredited by the State of Connecticut Department of Education, the Connecticut Association of Independent Schools, and the National Association of Independent Schools
- The National Association of Special Education Teachers (NASET) has selected Eagle Hill as a School of Excellence nine years in a row.