Our Mission & Philosophy
Eagle Hill School, a life-changing experience, offers children who learn differently the opportunity to grow into capable, resilient students with the self-confidence and character necessary to meet the challenges they will face beyond Eagle Hill.
Eagle Hill offers a language-based, remedial program committed to educating children with learning disabilities. The curriculum is individualized, interdisciplinary, and transitional in nature. A secure, structured, nurturing environment supports and stimulates the development of the whole child. As a result, children learn to view themselves as competent individuals with a strong sense of self.
In an environment that recognizes and embraces diversity, Eagle Hill teaches children an array of strategies and skills to manage their learning disabilities effectively at school and at home. Eagle Hill helps children gain the self-esteem necessary to initiate, nurture, and maintain friendships. Inherent in the Eagle Hill philosophy is the development of children with strong moral and ethical character.
Children leave Eagle Hill with confidence in their academic abilities, a true belief in their worth as human beings, and the strategies necessary to meet the challenges of their new school and social settings.
- Get a sense of the Eagle Hill Program
- Learn more about our Residential Program
- Hear from our Head of School
- Read our mission & philosophy
- Get to know our administrative team
- Meet some of our exceptional faculty
- Request more information about our school
- Teach, Learn, Grow: Positions Available
EAGLE HILL AT-A-GLANCE
- Ages of students: 5-15
- Total enrollment: 260
- Head of School: Clay Kaufman
- Number of Teaching Faculty: 75
- Number of Boarding Students: Up to 35 (five days/week)
- Student Teacher Ratios: 1:1 to 12:1
- Founded in 1975
- Eagle Hill is accredited by the State of Connecticut Department of Education, the Connecticut Association of Independent Schools, and the National Association of Independent Schools
- The National Association of Special Education Teachers (NASET) has selected Eagle Hill as a School of Excellence eight years in a row.